Big thanks to Zimmy and Potato Head at Money & Potatoes They are great spuds to have in your corner. The Award is basically to help introduce new bloggers so the blogger community can get a little closer. I have really enjoyed being a member of the personal finance community and really love the Yakezie community in particular.
So here’s the deal:
1) This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2) The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3) Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5) Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6) Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7) No tag backs.
Random Facts about David
1. I enjoy playing competitive table tennis. I started in college and fell in love. I have been to a handful of tournaments and am rated about a 1400. That basically means I can beat 95% of recreational players and about 20% of people that attend tournaments.
2. I started a window cleaning company in college. Working outside was really nice, and I met a lot of great customers. They were older so they had great stories.
3. I’m an auditor, which I really enjoy. My parents didn't graduate from college so I’m really glad I was able to finish and get a job that is really interesting and a great stepping stone to other things.
4. I was chess club president. I like chess and I think I’m good, but I only became the president because I was the first one there on the first day. There was only 4 of us. Chess club wasn't funded, so it was really more of a casual hangout then a serious endeavor.
5. I have lived and worked in 4 different states in the last 5 years. Internship, college, out of state job, then I moved with a job.
6. I haven’t ever left the country. Someday I will, I just haven’t had the money, time and patience to do it yet.
7. I have a half-brother that I didn't meet until I was 21. My family isn't really close, but he lived his mother. He didn't get along well with my mother. He was always just that half-brother I have but never met. I went to visit my grandmother a couple years ago and he lives with her, so that was the first time.
8. I ran cross country & wrestled in high school. You wouldn't think I ran cross country if you look at me today. I used to love running and I still do, but taking the first step onto the street is the hardest to do. I probably run a few times a month.
9. I went to New York for the first time ever last month. I grew up in the Dallas, Texas area and didn't really travel as a kid. I made it up there just a couple weeks ago, it was wonderful. I got to see all the touristy stuff and spent too much money. I had a free hotel certificate that was about to expire so, I had to use it, right?
10. I am kinda friends with Dennis Pitta from the Baltimore Ravens. It’s a kinda because I know him through church. We played basketball together and went to some of the same events. His wife even gave my wife a ride to a doctor’s appointment once (we just have one car). We don’t really just hang out though, so you can determine how close we are.
11. I love to read self-improvement & business books. I just read a stand-up comedy book, a blog writing book, and a writing book in the last couple of months. I love marketing and entrepreneurship books. My favorite is Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It gave me the courage to start my window cleaning company. It will really makes you think about making money and business.
Questions from Zimmy and Potato Head
1. If you could only have one thing with you on a deserted island? What would it be?
My Wife, of course.
2. Do you have a plan to make blogging your full time job?
I don’t know, I’m just enjoying the ride for the moment. It’s a fun hobby for now.
3. Do you constantly stare at a webmaster tool (such as Woopra) that shows your hits in real time?
No I can wait until Google Analytics tells me the following day.
4. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what is your most important item on the list?
I don’t have a bucket list, but I would really love to go to China and attend a table tennis training camp.
5. If you were in The Shawshank Redemption would you be Morgan Freeman or Tim Robbins?
Tim Robbins because I was chess club president (see above).
6. What is your favorite sitcom of all time?
Fraiser, he made me laugh, cry, and laugh some more.
7. What is your favorite dessert that you know you shouldn't eat?
Oreos, I don’t buy it often because when I do the whole thing will be gone within two days.
8. Are you a Saturday Night Live or Mad TV kind of person?
Saturday Night Live, Mad is a little too absurd to me.
9. What is a fun night out on the town for you?
Laser tag, bowling, miniature golf. Any activities I can do with my wife.
10. Have you ever allowed anyone to buy you a drink?
Nope, I don’t drink.
11. Are you a dog or a cat person?
Dog, because they care.
Questions for nominees
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. If you had a super power what would it be?
3. What’s the worst thing you've ever eaten?
4. What will be your next technology purchase?
5. What is your favorite show?
6. Would you rather have no teeth or no arms?
7. What’s your favorite televisions show of all time?
8. Why do you blog?
9. What was the last book you read?
10. What’s the funnest trip your taken?
11. If you friends had to describe you in 1 word what would it be?
The Nominees Are:
2.This Healthy Budget
3. Aspiring Blogger
4. Double Debt Single Women
5. Common Cents Wealth